Sports Nutrition Approach:
Optimizing nutrition and fueling strategies is vital to your athletic success. Perhaps you’ve experienced the pitfalls of GI distress, cramping, unintentional weight loss/gain, lethargy, fatigue, or dehydration. Our dietitians can guide you to create sustainable habits of healthy eating and fueling strategies for you to perform your best. Learn how to support your unique metabolic needs before, during, and after training with the right combination of macronutrients timed for optimal performance and recovery.
General Nutrition Approach:
Optimizing nutrition is essential to providing vitality and helping you feel your best! A well-rounded and nutrient-dense eating lifestyle can prevent inflammation-related diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, hypertension, and Alzheimer’s. Rather than calorie counting or having a “never or always” food list, our dietitians focus on behavioral modification and creating realistic and sustainable eating habits to help you meet your personal goals.
Intuitive Eating Approach:
Ready to break free from the chains of dieting or emotional eating? Intuitive eating strategies allow you to restore trust in yourself so that you can make peace with food and your body. Learn to honor your hunger and fullness, find satisfaction in eating, address your fears of “forbidden” foods, nourish your body and mind, and thrive as a confident eater.
Diabetes Management Approach:
Meal planning can be a challenge and an ever-changing process whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. You may need to make changes in your eating due to medication changes or lifestyle changes. Our dietitians can help you improve blood sugar control and meet your diabetes management goals with an individualized meal plan.
What to Expect:
- Completion of P3’s Nutrition Coaching Forms and Food Log before your scheduled consult. These forms are available on P3’s website
- A 60-minute one-on-one consultation which includes discussion of completed forms and an interactive dialog on strategies to accomplish personal goals
- Discussion of a healthy eating plan to promote a balanced diet
- Discussion of strategies and goals related to a specific approach (sports nutrition, general nutrition, intuitive eating, diabetes management) may include but are not limited to:
- Overview of nutritional status and eating
- Assessment of macronutrient balance in snacks/meals
- Nutrient timing around workouts for optimal recovery, energy and minimize cravings and fatigue
- Nutrition guidance to optimize sleep, stress management, appetite, cravings, energy levels, and blood sugar fluctuations
- GI distress, bloating issues
- Fueling for specific workouts and training sessions
- Recovery fueling for post workout and to how to fuel for two/day workouts
- Pre-workout fueling
- Eating on recovery days
- Nutrition and hydration on travel days
- Strategies to promote recovery and combat inflammation
- Sports nutrition and fueling protocol to meet energy demands during training
- Hydration and electrolyte protocol to meet sweat and electrolyte loss
- Intuitive eating strategies to address emotional eating and dieting
- Meal planning strategies for diabetes management
Initial 60-minute Nutrition Coaching Session: $100
Additional Nutrition Coaching:
After the initial nutrition consult, the 60-minute coaching sessions become much more specialized to your specific needs, where we discuss strategies to help you accomplish your health goals in deeper detail. With each session, you will be given a personalized PDF printout of your individualized nutrition plan, tailor-made for you to help you meet your health goals. Nutrition coaching sessions focus on your goals for sports nutrition, wellness, and/or intuitive eating.
Behavior change and improvements in health require an ongoing commitment for success. For those who would like ongoing support, accountability, and key strategies to make successful changes, nutrition packages are the best way to do so! Each 60-minute session involves working together to help you reach your health goals and includes a personalized PDF printout of your individualized nutrition plan, motivating discussion, and interactive exercises. Nutrition coaching packages focus on your goals for sports nutrition, wellness, and/or intuitive eating.
(3-session package: $350)
(6-session package: $690)